none
Intellisense autocomplete does not work

Question

• I'm trying to use visual studio 15 for python in addition to running ptvs but autocomplete just does not work. the option to toggle in the edit menu is greyed out. 
    Monday, October 24, 2016 12:02 PM

All replies

• Hi meegs,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to your description, I tried to install the Python Tools for Visual Studio and create a new Python Application project, then go to Edit-IntelliSense, I found the option “Toggle Completion Mode” is also grayed out as yours, please see the following screenshot:

As far as I know, it looks like he suggestion mode is not available for Python IntelliSense, and this option “Toggle Completion Mode” is used to toggle between different completion modes, since there only one completion mode for Python project, so this option is unable.

To enable this setting, I already posted this suggestion in the Visual Studio UserVoice website, please check this suggestion and you can vote it, then we need to waiting for the feedback from the Visual Studio Product Team Engineers, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 7:43 AM