ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified Error in Integration Service Catalogs RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I tried to execute a package with Oracle Data Source from Integration Services Catalogs and I got the following error. 

ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified

The package runs fine from the SSIS project but once I deploy to SSIS Catalog it fails to run. I need help!

Thanks

me

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 7:49 AM

Answers

• I just found out what the problem is.

I didnt not install oracle client on the Server where I deployed the package. I only installed it on the machine where I created the package.

Thanks guys

me

• Marked as answer by lilutchay Wednesday, January 14, 2015 10:20 AM
    Wednesday, January 14, 2015 10:20 AM

All replies

• This error happens, when oracle can not find tnames.ora or can not see connection.

When you run package from SSIS project it run from current windows login user. When it run from SSIS catalog it run from user, that can be different, that current windows login user (for example NT_Service) and this user can not find tnames.ora file can not see connection.

You should set from what user will be this package execute or make shore that standard user (NT_Service) can see connection and file tnames.ora

• Edited by xjomanx Wednesday, January 14, 2015 9:54 AM
    Wednesday, January 14, 2015 9:41 AM
  • I just found out what the problem is.

I didnt not install oracle client on the Server where I deployed the package. I only installed it on the machine where I created the package.

Thanks guys

me

• Marked as answer by lilutchay Wednesday, January 14, 2015 10:20 AM
    Wednesday, January 14, 2015 10:20 AM
  • Hello ,

The ORA-12154 is a very common error, always related to your local copy of the tnsnames.ora file, your listener configuration and your database name aliases.
      • Make sure that your listener is listening for the same service name that you are using. 
      • Your service name might have an alias, so check for global (world) entries and local entries.  Check:

$ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/tnsnames.ora 
    • Check your global_name setting with this SQL:
      select * from global_name;

Ref : http://www.dba-oracle.com/t_ora_12154_tns_resolve_service_name.htm

Ahsan Kabir Please remember to click Mark as Answer and Vote as Helpful on posts that help you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. http://www.aktechforum.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 1:20 PM