Project Server Event Handler Installer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I created my first Event Handler to the Project Server and my question is how can I create installer to this solution?

I'm looking for the best way to install solution to other farm, but I'm new in Project Server.

Please help!

Thanks,

Mykie

Wednesday, January 7, 2015 8:54 AM

Answers

• Hi Mykie,

To deploy a Server Side Event Handler, you have to do 2 things:

• Install the Assembly in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC)
    • Link your assembly to the Event in Project Server

For the first operation, I would recommand to create a SharePoint WSP solution. It's the simplest way to deploy assemblys in a farm. Another possibility is to use GACUTIL to register the assembly, but it's not always possible in a production environment.

For the second operation, you have to associate your assembly to the Server Side Event:

(detailed procedure here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg982976(v=office.15).aspx )

• On the SharePoint Central Admin / Application Management / Manage Service Application / PWA /  Manage / Operational Policies/ Server Settings/ Server Side Event Handler
    • Select the correct Event Handler
    • Copy and paste the assembly info: fully qualified name, order...

After that, the Handler is operationnal.

Hope it helps,

Sylvain

Friday, January 9, 2015 11:11 AM

All replies

• Hi Mykie,

To deploy a Server Side Event Handler, you have to do 2 things:

• Install the Assembly in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC)
    • Link your assembly to the Event in Project Server

For the first operation, I would recommand to create a SharePoint WSP solution. It's the simplest way to deploy assemblys in a farm. Another possibility is to use GACUTIL to register the assembly, but it's not always possible in a production environment.

For the second operation, you have to associate your assembly to the Server Side Event:

(detailed procedure here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg982976(v=office.15).aspx )

• On the SharePoint Central Admin / Application Management / Manage Service Application / PWA /  Manage / Operational Policies/ Server Settings/ Server Side Event Handler
    • Select the correct Event Handler
    • Copy and paste the assembly info: fully qualified name, order...

After that, the Handler is operationnal.

Hope it helps,

Sylvain

Friday, January 9, 2015 11:11 AM
  • I have requirement where I need to perfrom few checks when a task is added/deleted/updated in MPP or PWA. But none of the events (OnUpdating,OnActivityupgrading,OnUpdatingScheduledProject,

OnEntitiesDeleting) are fired in my code.

Any idea what the problem could be?

FYI, I am using Project Server 2016.

Regards

Agasthya

agasthya

Wednesday, May 9, 2018 5:09 AM