none
Visual Studio 2010 Report Wizard RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am working with sharepoint 2010. I am having a Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate Trail Version. When I Add Report Wizard [RDLC reports]item in visual studio 2010 it gives us an option to select different data source types.  There one option is  Sharepoint datasource type. After selecting the sharepoint datasource it gives me an Add Service Reference  window. I gave the lists.asmx(web service proviceded by microsoft ) webservice of my sharepoint site to the address type. Although it successfully added to the datasouce but its not showing in the datasource window of report wizard. Basically i am looking for a client side reporting against sharepoint lists. Here are my specific questions

1. How to work with the sharepoint datasource type of the client report wizard?

2. Can I generate a RDLC report against lists of sharepoint site which later can be converted to .rdl type(since the sharepoint OTB report viewer only support rdl files.)?

3. How to work with local mode reporting in sharepoint 2010(As i know, there is no BI template available for 2010 !!)?

A step by step description will help me more... (sorry i am Junior :))

Thanks in advance.

Sunday, June 27, 2010 6:07 PM