none
File | Move into project

Question

• What is the purpose of the menu command under the File menu to move current object to another project. For example; I have a class file open in the editor and I open the file menu. Near the bottom is an option to Move the class file to another project. It does not appear to perform a move of the file. It appear to create a link to the file.

Why call it Move if it is not doing a move?

User Voice Feedback
    https://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio-2015/suggestions/13730469-file-move-into-project-this-menu-command-does
    • Edited by RichB8 Wednesday, May 4, 2016 2:22 PM Add User Voice Link
    Tuesday, May 3, 2016 3:02 PM

Answers

• Hi RichB8,

I also find this issue, when I use this function to try move my file to another project, it execute a add link file operation.

I suggest you submit this issue to Visual Studio User Voice and then share the feedback link here. I will vote it and it also can let other communities to vote and add comments for your feedback. Thanks for your feedback for Visual Studio product.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, May 4, 2016 5:46 AM