none
[MS-WUSP] Information about message SyncPrinterCatalog is missing. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I can see message SyncPrinterCatalog() is defined in WSDL(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd350344.aspx) but information about this message is not specified anywhere in document [MS-WUSP].

What this message exactly do?

Regards,

Rahul.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 11:28 AM

Answers

• Hi Rahul,

For an online search for updates with the following search criteria:

Type = 'Driver' and DeploymentAction = 'Installation' and DriverClass = 'Printer' and DriverMatch = 'Catalog'

SyncPrinterCatalog will be sent during the driver pass (final pass of the scan) of the client/server protocol to get the applicable printer driver updates.

The SyncPrinterCatalog call is made through the Add Printer Wizard on the client side. This allows the Windows client download a list of printer driver updates so that the user can choose which one to install.

A document bug has been opened and a future release of MS-WUSP will explain the usage of SyncPrinterCatalog.

Thanks,

Edgar
    Monday, April 14, 2014 4:01 PM

All replies

• Hi Rahul,

Thank you for your question. A member of the Protocol Documentation support team will respond to you soon.

Regards,
    Vilmos Foltenyi - MSFT

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 4:29 PM
  • Hi Rahul,

I am investigating this and will follow-up.

Thanks,

Edgar

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 9:28 PM
  • Hi Rahul,

For an online search for updates with the following search criteria:

Type = 'Driver' and DeploymentAction = 'Installation' and DriverClass = 'Printer' and DriverMatch = 'Catalog'

SyncPrinterCatalog will be sent during the driver pass (final pass of the scan) of the client/server protocol to get the applicable printer driver updates.

The SyncPrinterCatalog call is made through the Add Printer Wizard on the client side. This allows the Windows client download a list of printer driver updates so that the user can choose which one to install.

A document bug has been opened and a future release of MS-WUSP will explain the usage of SyncPrinterCatalog.

Thanks,

Edgar
    Monday, April 14, 2014 4:01 PM
  • Hi Edgar,

Sorry for the delay in response, I was out for a week.

Thanks a lot for your reply. I will look forward for updated release of MS-WUSP document.

Regards,
    Rahul.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 6:13 AM