none
Office 365 Add-in for ALL platforms. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all.

I have a quick(ish) question for you all.  I have written a VSTO add-in for Word (2013/16) and it uses 'ContentControls' and the ribbon for various functionalities.  However, I will like to rewrite it so that it can be used on the Mac and (possibly) Word online.
    However, I cannot find (yet) how to do this and/or if it is even possible.

Thanks and appreciation in advance,

Alan

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 4:38 PM

Answers

• >>>I have written a VSTO add-in for Word (2013/16) and it uses 'ContentControls' and the ribbon for various functionalities.  However, I will like to rewrite it so that it can be used on the Mac 

and (possibly) Word online.
    However, I cannot find (yet) how to do this and/or if it is even possible.<<<

The VSTO framework used to develop VSTO Add-ins is for Windows only.

Take a look at Features Available by Office Application and Project Type

If you want to create add-ins that can be use on the Mac and (possibly) Word online, you could create Office Add-ins.

For more information, click here to refer about Requirements for running Office Add-ins

• Marked as answer by David_JunFeng Wednesday, June 8, 2016 2:17 PM
    Wednesday, June 1, 2016 5:11 AM

All replies

• That is not a quick(ish) question. On the contrary, it's complex. You are looking for a push-button solution to your case. There is none.

Best regards, George

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 5:17 PM
  • >>>I have written a VSTO add-in for Word (2013/16) and it uses 'ContentControls' and the ribbon for various functionalities.  However, I will like to rewrite it so that it can be used on the Mac 

and (possibly) Word online.
    However, I cannot find (yet) how to do this and/or if it is even possible.<<<

The VSTO framework used to develop VSTO Add-ins is for Windows only.

Take a look at Features Available by Office Application and Project Type

If you want to create add-ins that can be use on the Mac and (possibly) Word online, you could create Office Add-ins.

For more information, click here to refer about Requirements for running Office Add-ins

• Marked as answer by David_JunFeng Wednesday, June 8, 2016 2:17 PM
    Wednesday, June 1, 2016 5:11 AM
  • Quickish in relation to pointing me in the right direction.  I can handle the rest.
    Wednesday, June 1, 2016 8:07 AM
  • Hi alan.seunarayan,

We are glad to help you resolve your issue. Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

Thanks for your understanding.
    Thursday, June 2, 2016 9:57 AM