none
SSRS render report with MySQL in Fail RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,  I follow https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/2615/creating-a-ssrs-report-using-a-mysql-data-source/ to build my report application, but failed.

my platform like below:

1. Windows server 2012 64bit

2. MYSQL with ODBC connector is install

3. SQL Server express 2016 with SSRS

I had setup ODBC for my MySQL database. it is a system DSN.  I use report builder to create a data source, connection is OK.

but when I try to render a report, error happen as below. Is it software version issue or some thing I miss to register?

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: An attempt has been made to use a data extension 'ODBC' that is either not registered for this report server or is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.DataExtensionNotFoundException: An attempt has been made to use a data extension 'ODBC' that is either not registered for this report server or is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services.
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ReportingService2005Impl.SetItemDataSources(String Item, DataSource[] DataSources, Guid batchId)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ReportingService2005Impl.SetItemDataSources(String Item, DataSource[] DataSources)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportingService2010.SetItemDataSources(String ItemPath, DataSource[] DataSources)

Friday, June 23, 2017 6:28 AM

All replies

• Hi zhxbwin,

I am sorry for late reply. In your scenario, you use SQL Server express with SSRS and setup ODBC for MySQL database. Based on my research, ODBC data sources are not supported in this version. You can refer to Features Supported by Reporting Services in SQL Server Express for details.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 3, 2017 7:19 AM