none
Is it possible to emulate com port using blue tooth bar code scanner. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all ,

I wanted to know whether there is any way i can emulate com port using bluetooth barcode scanner, i know this is not the best forum for this question. Any one has an idea related to this.

Thanks.

Monday, July 16, 2018 9:38 AM

All replies

• Hi AKSHAY KUMAR NC,

Thank you for posting here.

For your question, do you mean you want to emulate a com port for Bluetooth barcode scanner to connect?

If yes, I suggest you to create a new Bluetooth virtual COM port with the bluetooth devices name.

First, to get the bluetooth devices name. 

To use WMI query before and after the call to see what new name appeared or use System.IO.Ports.SerialPort.GetPortNames as its simpler.

After that, use 32feet.NET's BluetoothDeviceInfo.SetServiceState(BluetoothService.SerialPort) API to create virtual COM port.

For more details, please refer to the links below.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2085179/how-can-i-find-out-a-com-port-number-of-a-bluetooth-device-in-c

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2004730/widcomm-bluetooth-how-to-open-the-virtual-com

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 17, 2018 3:15 AM
  • Thanks for the reply,

i already have the application which listens to serial port,and it works for wired scanners but what i was wondering is that if there is any way i can use the same code for wireless scanners too.

One more question : does wireless/Bluetooth scanners support hid non keyboard mode/ IBM HANDHELD mode???.

Thanks 

Tuesday, July 17, 2018 6:52 AM