aspx page showing Crystal report won't work in a subfolder RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Crystal Report that I've developed that works fine when the aspx page is located on the root folder.  Whenever I move the aspx page to the admin folder, which uses forms authentication to restrict access, the report will no longer be displayed.  No errors at build time.

The .rpt file is located in the same restricted subfolder.

How do I resolve this? 

ETA: I get the same results when I place the aspx page in any subfolder, even one that doesn't have restricted access.
    • Moved by Leo Liu - MSFT Monday, July 25, 2011 2:51 AM Off-Topic (From:Crystal Reports for Visual Studio)
    Saturday, July 16, 2011 1:50 AM

Answers

• I moved everything to the root folder.  Not what I wanted, but I could find no fix to this.

I was able to work around this issue, only to meet MANY MANY more.  Currently I'm trying to develop my report using Excel.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND CRYSTAL REPORTS!  :(

Friday, September 9, 2011 1:20 AM

All replies

• Hi Anthony,

It seems that most of our friends here are not familiar with ASP.NET development while your issue seems to be related with it, as the report works fine when the aspx page is located in the root folder.
    So I'd like to suggest that you post in the Advanced ASP.NETCrystal Reports Forum for specialized support.
    If your issue could not be resolved here, I will move your thread into the Off-Topic Forum after a period of time.
    Thanks for your understanding.

Have a nice day,

Leo Liu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 8:40 AM
  • I moved everything to the root folder.  Not what I wanted, but I could find no fix to this.

I was able to work around this issue, only to meet MANY MANY more.  Currently I'm trying to develop my report using Excel.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND CRYSTAL REPORTS!  :(

Friday, September 9, 2011 1:20 AM