none
custom .NET 4.6 offline installer RRS feed

Answers

• I'll guess that you want to reduce the size of the installer? If not, what is your reason for wanting to modify this package?

The .exe you download is a self-extracting archive (SEA), so you can examine the files and subfolders in the archive using an archiving tool (I use 7Zip).

Which, if any, files or subfolders you can safely remove, then reconstruct a working SEA for Win 7 is a matter of you experimenting.

In your situation, I'd just use the provided install package.

Saturday, August 15, 2015 4:19 PM

All replies

• I'll guess that you want to reduce the size of the installer? If not, what is your reason for wanting to modify this package?

The .exe you download is a self-extracting archive (SEA), so you can examine the files and subfolders in the archive using an archiving tool (I use 7Zip).

Which, if any, files or subfolders you can safely remove, then reconstruct a working SEA for Win 7 is a matter of you experimenting.

In your situation, I'd just use the provided install package.

Saturday, August 15, 2015 4:19 PM
  • Yup you are correct the size of the installer. Thanks for the tip I will try 7zip and experiment with the process.

Thanks.

Sunday, August 16, 2015 2:28 AM
  • Hi fdanny,

What about your issue now?

Whether you have solved this issue?

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, August 17, 2015 2:51 AM