none
Export to Excel from Project Server 2010 the data from 2010 gets loaded to excel unformatted RRS feed

• Question

• Hopefully this is just a simple setting issue...  When I export a project from 2010 into excel 2010 the data exported comes over unformatted.  This wasn't the case when I did this in 2007.  Once thing I notice is the file being imported is coming over in a 2003-2007 format.  Is there something that is required for an add in in excel 2010 or some indicator that needs to be turned on in 2010 for the formatting to come through? 

Thanks

Donald R. Landry
    Monday, October 25, 2010 3:07 PM

Answers

• KaileyO

Apparently the original thread was never completed but I support what Jack said. As far as I know no version of Project does or has ever exported data formatting information, despite what Donald claimed in his last entry in this thread. The only way to get formatting in an export is to either do it manually after the export, or include it in the VBA code if a macro is used for the export. The latter is how I handle formatting when exporting Project data to Excel.

John

Sunday, February 20, 2011 4:07 PM

All replies

• What do you mean "unformatted"?

Things like bold font and colors? I don't believe those ever came across.

Jack Dahlgren blogs at:
    Project and Retrovention
    and rarely Twitter
    Monday, October 25, 2010 3:19 PM
  • They came across in PS 2007 formatted with the summary tasks bolded and indented. Not sure why this isn't the case in 2010. 
    Donald R. Landry
    Monday, October 25, 2010 4:38 PM
  • I am having this same issue. Have you figured out how to get the formatting in the export? Please let me know, thanks!
    Friday, February 18, 2011 10:31 PM
  • KaileyO

Apparently the original thread was never completed but I support what Jack said. As far as I know no version of Project does or has ever exported data formatting information, despite what Donald claimed in his last entry in this thread. The only way to get formatting in an export is to either do it manually after the export, or include it in the VBA code if a macro is used for the export. The latter is how I handle formatting when exporting Project data to Excel.

John

Sunday, February 20, 2011 4:07 PM
  • Hi Joh - Project,

any details how u do that in VBA code?

Twitter : @MShoubaki | http://jo.linkedin.com/in/mshoubaki
    Monday, April 18, 2011 1:14 PM