none
Accessing remote server certificate chain with SslStream RRS feed

• Question

• I'm writing a program that tests web servers, including gathering information on TLS options and server certificate values.  The program will be used to automatically run hundreds of tests against sets of web servers to ensure they are responding correctly and to catch configuration issues.

I use Net.Security.SslStream to connect and gather much of this information, including certificate info (such as SslStream.RemoteCertificate.Subject).  I want to additionally check the entire certificate chain provided by the web servers, but I can't figure out how to access the intermediate certs sent by the server.  Is there some way to access those certs with SslStream?

Thursday, May 24, 2018 9:37 PM

All replies

• Hi Richard.x1,

Thanks for your post.

I'm trying to involve some senior engineers into this issue and it will take some time. Your patience will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for any inconvenience and have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Tao Zhou

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 28, 2018 6:22 AM