Architectual Help RRS feed

• Question

• I need to build an application in which it loads data for all the domain objects at once from a given forecast.  The reason I need to load all the data is because the application allows the user to split any 2 forms in the same window.  Thus, if they change one assumption from form a, it will be reflected in form b and I do not want to reload all the data in form b, which is how the previous programmer designed this. 

Thus, all my objects need to be relational.  I was thinking of using a framework to help me with this.  Any advice on what my best options are?   
    • Moved by Rudedog2 Wednesday, January 27, 2010 8:22 PM Architecture Question (From:Visual C# General)
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010 8:20 PM

All replies

• You should ask Architecture questions in the Architecture forums.

You will get more and better answers in this forum.

Thanks for your participations

Rudy  =8^D
    Mark the best replies as answers. "Fooling computers since 1971."
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010 8:23 PM
  • You should plan to use Entity Framework.
    It is an Object relational mapping framework from Microsoft designed primarily to depict relational data stored in databases into application objects/domain model in an efficient manner.

Check resources here.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb738448.aspx

Regards
    Suds
    p.s - if helps, mark answer.
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 6:23 AM
  • depending on how much data you are talking about, loading 'all the domain objects' may not be a good idea in terms of initial performance but more importantly memory used.

what you describe sounds much like the MV of MVC or even good-ol document-view. either of these concepts allow you to refresh the display without having to re-fetch data. it comes down to implementation.

entity is good if your deployment environment is compatible, else consider the bindingsource and datasets which bind well to object-hierarchies and databases respectively.

Micky D
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 5:51 AM
  • Are you dealing with Web based forms or windows based forms.

There will be separate approaches for them.
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 5:07 PM