none
Order of User setup in Project Server 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I want to know about how can i setup a user . what is the Order ? I can explain my requirement using with a Example.

A ( User )  , B ( A User's Manager )   , C ( B User's Manager ) , are 3 Users. So i want to Publish a project with this 3 steps.After A user upload a project , it should go to B User for Approval . then after Aprroved by B User , it should go to C user with Publish in Project Server .

Kindly please how can I do it ?

Sunday, July 11, 2010 6:10 PM

Answers

All replies

• Not sure I understand.  Are you looking for a workflow as follows...?

1) A saves/imports a new project to Project Server.  When a new project is saved to the server, an event is triggered which sends an e-mail to B.

2) B somehow approves the project for publishing or actually publishes the file - this is unclear from your example.  If the former, the system will trigger an e-mail to C to publish the project.  If the latter, B will just publish the project (which is out of the box behavior).

3) C either consumes the published project or actually publishes the project (again - unclear from your example)

Not sure if you really need any sort of automatic workflow for this.  You could just give A and B read/write but not publish permissions, then give C publish permissions.

Please provide more information and we can be more helpful....thanks.

Monday, July 12, 2010 2:40 AM
  • Hi Andrew ,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes. my requirement is a WorkFlow.

1) A saves/imports a new project to Project Server.  When a new project is saved to the server, an event is triggered which sends an e-mail to B.

2) B somehow approves the project for publishing or actually publishes the file.If the former, the system will trigger an e-mail to C to publish the project.  If the later, B will just publish the project.

(which is out of the box behavior) - I'm not clear this thing.

3) Finally C can publish that Project on Project Server.

Regards,

Harshana

I'm there Online from Skype in everytime . Skype ID is dinidunet

Monday, July 12, 2010 3:20 AM
  • Have you looked at the available material online: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee767694.aspx ...?

As well, I believe there were a couple of webinars on this topic. Here's

You might also wish to check out the Nintex workflow tool for Project Server.

- Andrew Lavinsky

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 1:39 AM
  • Thanks Andrew , I'll check & let you know about this.
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010 8:30 AM