IMFSequencerSource:AppendTopology returns 0xC00D36D5 (MF_E_NOT_FOUND) for H264 video file. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using the source sequencer to play out a playlist of video content, and am getting the above error when calling AppendTopolgy.  I am manually creating the Microsoft H264 decoder transform node and connecting the source->decoder->EVR nodes manually (but get the same error if I let the resolver take care of it).  If I use topoedit to render the file it is unable to resolve the graph for the video portion, but I can manually build the graph and it plays fine.  As far as I can tell this is a normal mp4 file, and the source video node reports all the correct formats.  Also note my code works fine for other file types, so this is specific to mp4 files and the H264 decoder.

Can anyone tell me what the error code actually means in this case ?

Thanks,

Andy.

Friday, March 13, 2020 5:51 PM

All replies

• Hi Andy,

Thanks for posting on MSDN forum.

Did you mean that the code only doesn't work when you add the specific mp4 file? Would you mind sharing the specific file to help us test this issue?

>If I use topoedit to render the file it is unable to resolve the graph for the video portion, but I can manually build the graph and it plays fine.  As far as I can tell this is a normal mp4 file, and the source video node reports all the correct formats.  Also note my code works fine for other file types, so this is specific to mp4 files and the H264 decoder.

I am trying to reproduce this issue however failed, the typoedit works well when I try to click File->Render File for the mp4 which encoded by H264. And the video plays well. Here is an figure for your reference, and I also shared this mp4 file here, you can test it with typoedit to see if it works with you.

Regards & Fei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 18, 2020 7:20 AM