none
[MS-DFSC] 3.1.1: Retrieving Trusted Domains for "DomainCache" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Regarding [MS-DFSC] 3.1.1 how does a client retrieve the "list of trusted AD DS domains"?

I assume it's something like LsarEnumerateTrustedDomainsEx ([MS-LSAD] 3.1.4.7.7) but there's nothing in [MS-DFSC] to connect that. I want to make sure I do what say an XP client would do and I'm having trouble getting a capture of that (and strangely dfsutil /SpcFlush doesn't seem to help).

Mike
    Wednesday, March 5, 2008 5:58 PM

Answers

• Michael,

We’ve found that MS-DFSC, section 4.1, which relates to Domain Referral, describes the method in which a client gets a list of domains via referral request with a NULL name.  MS-DFSC sections 2.2.2 / 3.1.6 / 3.1.5.4 also provide some more context around this process.

As a result of your query we have suggested to the documentation team that they add a link or note in the doc to make this easier to find.

Please let me know if this answers your questions or if we need to follow up in any way.

Regards,

Jim Reynolds – MSFT

Thursday, March 6, 2008 11:35 PM

All replies

• Hello Michael,

My name is Jim Reynolds and I am the consultant who will work with you and our Microsoft technical teams to resolve this issue.

I have started to investigate your question and expect to be able to respond with more information within a few days.

Regards,

Jim Reynolds – MSFT

Thursday, March 6, 2008 3:22 AM
  • Michael,

We’ve found that MS-DFSC, section 4.1, which relates to Domain Referral, describes the method in which a client gets a list of domains via referral request with a NULL name.  MS-DFSC sections 2.2.2 / 3.1.6 / 3.1.5.4 also provide some more context around this process.

As a result of your query we have suggested to the documentation team that they add a link or note in the doc to make this easier to find.

Please let me know if this answers your questions or if we need to follow up in any way.

Regards,

Jim Reynolds – MSFT

Thursday, March 6, 2008 11:35 PM
  •  Jim Reynolds - MSFT wrote:

MS-DFSC sections 2.2.2 / 3.1.6 / 3.1.5.4 also provide some more context around this process.

Hi Jim,

Indeed [MS-DFSC] 3.1.5.4.1 is fairly clear on how to retrieve the DomainCache. I don't know why I didn't understand that section before.

Thank you,
    Mike
    Friday, March 7, 2008 2:05 AM