none
Reverse Engineering code to fix a bug (one line change) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.  Maybe someone from Microsoft can comment.  I'm sure this has been asked before.  But I wanted to ask this in regards to my situation.

I work at a non-profit company that is a Microsoft Partner.

My issue is that BindingList(Of T) throws a reset each time a modification is done to the collection.  And while that works for some things, UltraGrid (Infragistics) and DataGridView does very bad things when receiving a reset and a user is in the process of altering a control.

I can use windows source-code framework (agreeing to the MS-RSL).  But the MS-RSL does not seem to allow making the modification to BindingList(Of T) that fixes the one or two lines of code causing these issues.

How can I submit my suggested bugfix changes to Microsoft for their approval of me using this in my application?  Or is it even possible without them being required to release it (it's a bugfix specific to my situation, so I wouldn't want them to release it with the .NET framework)?

Note:  I have not made the changes suggested yet.  But they are simple enough (commenting a line out and maybe adding something somewhere else) that I could submit where I need these changes without making the actual changes to the code myself.

• Edited by TamusJRoyce Thursday, June 27, 2013 2:51 PM
    Thursday, June 27, 2013 2:47 PM

Answers

• You should be able to achieve the modified operation of the class using inheritance or reflection which require no interaction from Microsoft.
    Thursday, June 27, 2013 3:39 PM

All replies

• You should be able to achieve the modified operation of the class using inheritance or reflection which require no interaction from Microsoft.
    Thursday, June 27, 2013 3:39 PM
  • Unfortunately it is not virtual/overridable.  Inheritance is really pointless, as I would have to re-implement almost all of the code that is raising events.  And that would require using the source-code from the framework.

Unless you are suggesting I replace the IL generated bytecode after making an instance of this object?  How can I replace a internal/friend non-virtual function?

Friday, July 12, 2013 12:17 PM