none
Welcome to the Report Controls Forum! RRS feed

All replies

• Thanks Brian but where can i find the reference documentation. The docs you posted say to do a search on Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms | WebForms but there is no search functionality (that i can find) in the whidbey toc

Thanks
    Friday, August 5, 2005 8:09 PM
  • Brian (and veryone who can help) - Greetings!  I am a complete novice trying to learn the development capabilities of the 2005 Express versions.  May be you can help...  I installed 2005 Server Express, and then learned about 2005 SQL Evaluation edition.  The main interest is how to develop report models, reports, etc.  I installed the Evaluation version while keeping the Express SQL, and was trying to find the Business Intelligence Development Studio--mentioned in every sample loaded with the SQL set up.  Very unsuccessfully.  Does SQL Server install Business Intelligence Development Studio?  Do I need a complete Studio installed?   I can certainly see the Express editions do not provide Business Intelligence Development Studio options.  I am considering complete uninstall of both SQL 2005 Evaluation, and SQL Express to give it a try with the fresh download.  Am I just wasting my time, and all I really need is a complete Visual Studio?  If you can help with this, I would SO much appreciate it.

Vlad

Friday, February 17, 2006 2:01 PM
  • Vlad:

There's a Reporting Services add-on for Visual Web Designer Express, though I'm not sure if that'll let you design reports or not.  Might be worth a look.  It'll suck to load two different tools to design reports and their consuming applications, but it might get you going.

Also look at learn2asp.net... they're giving away NFR copies of VS.Net 2005 Standard for watching some webcasts, and the webcasts are pretty good.  Mine hasn't arrived yet, but I'm using C# Express in the meantime at home.

Monday, March 27, 2006 2:17 PM
  • Hi vladtch,

There is an add-in for VWD and VC# Express available from www.gotreportviewer.com so you can add both Webform and winform control to your Express IDE. If you need more info, just reply here. Thanks.

-Ver
    Thursday, June 8, 2006 3:33 PM
  • Hi, I installed the add-in and the repotviewer control but I still don't see the report template in my visual basic  2005 express to add a new report to the project "what i am doing wrong. Please let me Know" Thanks

Tuesday, May 29, 2007 6:39 AM
  • Hi all,
    I have added the ReportViewer Addin form www.gotReportviewer.com and added it to my toolbox. Once I put it into my Form I clicked on the Design New Report option and nothing happens np rdlc files are added and no design mode is opened or anything, ne help would be appreciated.
    Thursday, July 5, 2007 10:39 AM
  • Thursday, July 5, 2007 5:41 PM
  • Do I need a complete Studio installed?.
    Thursday, July 19, 2007 9:59 PM
  • Thank for your help. I can try to become a member of this webpage.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 2:47 PM
  • Khi dung visual foxpro lap trinh va in ra man hinh bang report cua foxpro thi noi chung cung tot roi, tuy nhien trong 1 text box lam sao minh canh deu 2 ben nhu trong word de duoc dep mat.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 2:52 PM
  • The link at the top of this post is no longer valid, please update it.
    Tuesday, May 20, 2008 1:36 PM