none
File Adpater won't pick file for Shared Remote folder. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am facing problem with BizTalk Server 2006 File Adapter at Receive location.

It is accessing shared remote folder, to which SQL Stored Procedure drops file to it..and to which bizTalk consumes.

In many of the cases the file adapter won't picks file from folder.

For this i need to disable and then re enable the receive port..

Pls Advise wht whould be the issue.

-- Kind Regards Sandeep
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 10:16 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Are you getting any errors or warnings in the event log? This could provide some pointers.

Regards,

Alan

http://www.CloudCasts.net - Community Webcasts Powered by Azure
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 12:53 PM
  • Hi Sandeep,

Use UNC (e.g. \\servername\share name) and see to it that account host instance runs under has full access and can read, write, modify and delete files on the share. See also post BizTalk File Adapter and Windows Fileshare Limitations  and Required NTFS permissions for BizTalk File Adapter connecting to a network share .

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers
    MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server
    http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 1:57 PM
  • Hi Steef ,

Thanks for your reply..

Yes i am using UNC as \\10.101.0.0\c$\transaction\shared_folder

also i gave biztalk host user full rights on folder..

I also don't got any warning in event log..when Stored procedure secheduled by windows service to run on interval of 5 mins dumps file to shared_folder..biztalk using file adapter picks that file and consumes...

Now when service drops again files to same folder after 5 mins ..biztalk won't picks the file..

and for this i need to disable the port and then restart it...

Would it the problem with service dropping files to same folder..

-- Kind Regards Sandeep
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 4:17 PM
  • Hi,

Have also reviewed the known issues with FILE Adapter. Does the service that drops the files have write permission? How is FILE Adapter configured i.e. retries? Do you see anything in event log on file server?

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers
    MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server
    http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 8:27 PM
  • Hi Steef,

I have applied hotfixes and did some registry entry in biztalk server for MaxCmds and MaxMpxCt. I set it ob both biztalk server and share server(windows server 2008 R2).

As asked i gave UNC path like \\{server name}\SAP_transaction\SAP\fileout\export\

and biztalk host instance have rights on share folder(Read, write,full control)..

Also in receive location properties authentication i entered biztalk host user and password..

Right now one sql job is send files to receive location and today i activated two more(like export as in UNC path there are 50 folders) ..but i saw files won't pick up ..so i restarted the receive location and it worked then again there was failure ..so after restarting its working fine till now(5 hars has gone)..

Pls help as where i am misisng some fundamental of network share ..

Also i have doubt if file adapter won't pick file then after polling interval..why it is not picking the files from remote share..

Pls help...to configure file share with biztalk server 2006 

-- Kind Regards Sandeep
    Sunday, January 16, 2011 2:01 PM
  • FYI,

Microsoft Best Practice Document for Adapters

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa546733(v=bts.20).aspx

Regards, NISHIL. MCT,MCTS BizTalk Server,MS BI. Http://www.KnishTech.com Http://www.BiztalkForums.com .Chat with Nishil now! NishilJain @ hotmail,gmail,Yahoo
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 11:23 AM
  • Sandeep 

Can you please post what hot fixes you applied and registry changes you made?

Thanks

Friday, May 20, 2011 5:08 PM
  • Sandeep,

Check see if those folders you are accessing are outside the FIREWALL.

Makesure DTC is able to connect to the folders.

Thanks... SPN
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 10:47 AM