none
Clustering support RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi All,

My question is related with certification for windows 2008 logo program and requirement 3.7 "Clustering Support"

There is a service works only with database MS SQL and provides web service functions for end-clients. No additional functions were be made for provide clustering support.

Now, service is a cluster-unaware, but I can make "clustered application" (classification from Logo Test Framework) using "generic service resources" in cluster. (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

Q: If using of my service is possible as "generic service resources" in cluster, which of the test cases (3.7.1-3.7.3) are apllicable for my app?

Thanks.

Monday, July 7, 2008 9:43 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You are the expert on your application. From what you sent, I believe your application should be tested for all of Req 3.7.

As long as your application is Cluster aware, and in this case is installing on an application that can be or will most likely be installed on a Cluster, SQL, then it is best to test TCs 3.7.1 – 3.7.3.

While doing this, you can also satisfy the requirements for TC4.2.1.

Hope the above helps.

Thanks

Saswati

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 1:25 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I am researching on this issue. I will let you know once I have any further update regarding the same.  

Thanks

Saswati

Wednesday, July 9, 2008 5:36 PM
  • Hi,

You are the expert on your application. From what you sent, I believe your application should be tested for all of Req 3.7.

As long as your application is Cluster aware, and in this case is installing on an application that can be or will most likely be installed on a Cluster, SQL, then it is best to test TCs 3.7.1 – 3.7.3.

While doing this, you can also satisfy the requirements for TC4.2.1.

Hope the above helps.

Thanks

Saswati

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 1:25 PM