WSS 2.0 or WSS 3.0 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a win2003 r2 server that has wss on it.  the trouble is I dont know which version 2.0 or 3.0.  Is there a way to tell?

Thanks

Monday, January 14, 2008 8:52 PM

Answers

•  

Is there a central administration link in Administrative tools ? Can you access a Central Administrator website ? It may be possible that the WSS install that was installed previously was removed incorrectly.

Steve Smith

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 3:08 PM

All replies

• Penny Coventry has a great article on identifying version numbers. You can find it here : http://mindsharpblogs.com/penny/articles/481.aspx

By default the WSS that comes with Windows Sever 2003 R2 is WSS 2.0

Steve Smith

Monday, January 14, 2008 9:37 PM
  • I read through the notes but still do not see anyway to tell.  In Add/Remove programs I dont see wss or sharepoint listed at all, but under the default website there is the Sharepoint Administrator WebSite

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 2:50 PM
  •  

Is there a central administration link in Administrative tools ? Can you access a Central Administrator website ? It may be possible that the WSS install that was installed previously was removed incorrectly.

Steve Smith

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 3:08 PM
  • There is a link to Sharepoint Central Administration but when you go there I notice the computer name is wrong and it is pointing to padmdll.dll

The link is not Sharepoint Central Administration and not to Sharepoint 3.0 Central Administration,

so it must have been WSS 2.0, but I dont understand why the link does not work,

Under the Default Web Site there is another web site called:

Microsoft Sharepoint Administration

Thanks

Thursday, January 17, 2008 8:58 PM