where I can download

Question

• where I can download updates  for win 8  as kb 2616150, kb 2605658, kb 2616619, kb 2617868, kb2617028,kb 2608612

kb 2620911

thanks a lot.

• Edited by mario tagle Saturday, December 17, 2011 6:18 AM
    Saturday, December 17, 2011 6:05 AM

Answers

• Go into the folder C:\Windows, open the WindowsUpdate.log and search for the download links to the Updates. Copy and paste the link into your browser and download the updates.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Saturday, December 17, 2011 8:23 PM
  • search for the KB number. I use this very often to get the downlaod links for Updates which are only available via WU and not via the download center.

Sunday, December 18, 2011 1:18 PM

All replies

• Hi Mario tagle,

please Search for windows update by taking your pointer to the lower left corner of the Metro Screen, click on Search, type 'windows update' select Settings, and finally, click on Search for Updates. Please ensure that Automatic updating is always on. Restart when all updates are installed, check for issues, if any, in the Action Center as well as in the Device Manager and post back.

It's advisable to install all the updates.

• Edited by Irfanfare Saturday, December 17, 2011 8:59 AM
    Saturday, December 17, 2011 8:30 AM
  • Go into the folder C:\Windows, open the WindowsUpdate.log and search for the download links to the Updates. Copy and paste the link into your browser and download the updates.

Saturday, December 17, 2011 8:23 PM
  • Hi Andre.Ziegler,

I find it informative but difficult to do, there are thousands of entries on that text file and no way to Search either.

Irfan
    Sunday, December 18, 2011 3:10 AM
  • search for the KB number. I use this very often to get the downlaod links for Updates which are only available via WU and not via the download center.

Sunday, December 18, 2011 1:18 PM