none
Visio 2013 SDK - Shapes Menu RRS feed

• Question

• I need some help with the Visio 2013 SDK.  There is a menu item under Shapes named “More Shapes”.  I’m trying to figure out how to turn that off so it does not show in the menu.  In the product we create we add stencils that the customer can use, having the menu item “More Shapes” confuses the customer and they end up adding those shapes when they should not be using them.

Thanks for your help!

Monday, September 15, 2014 7:12 PM

Answers

• Hi,

>>  There is a menu item under Shapes named “More Shapes”.  I’m trying to figure out how to turn that off so it does not show in the menu.<<

If I understood correctly, you want to turn off the 'More Shapes' feature as figure below:

As far as I know, any stencil can be opened in any diagram, even diagrams not based on templates that include the stencil by default. We can browse all the available templates from the Shapes window.

So there is no such option or API we can hide the 'More Shapes' menu at present version. If you want Visio supports this feature, I suggest that you submit the feedback from link below:
    Submit Feedback

In addition, if you are interested in developing solution or customizing Microsoft Visio 2013, here is the link for your reference:
    Visio 2013

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 6:17 AM