Keylogger in c:\program files (x86)\common files\microsoft shared\ink\tiptsf.dll - affected pgm = Kaspersky Labs Total Security RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings, all. I am unsure that I have (or haven't) selected the appropriate forum category. If I haven't, please direct me. I am an "average joe" user. I became aware that I have a stalker-hacker situation, and started paying closer attention to security. Through visiting another forum yesterday, I saw the recommendation to use a program called Keylogger Detector (please see: http://anti-keylogger-software-review.toptenreviews.com/keylogger-detector-review.html). Upon doing so, several problem spots turned up (Microsoft Word files), which I was able to quarantine. THIS one will not quarantine or delete, however:
    System Wide Monitoring: c:\program files (x86)\common files\microsoft shared\ink\tiptsf.dll
    Affected Application: C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Total Security 16.0.0\avpui.exe
    Visibility: Visible
    Autorun: None
    Description: Kaspersky Anti-Virus

I removed Kaspersky from my drive, then used CCleaner, SpywareBlaster, Windows Defender. No problems detected. I then shut down, rebooted, and downloaded a fresh copy of Kaspersky. No success in problem resolution.

WHAT do I need to do to resolve this? Your helpful knowledge will be tremendously appreciated. Help, please! I am working on a confidential project and I need to re-secure my security ASAP.

Saturday, June 18, 2016 5:27 PM

All replies

• you are on the wrong web site. This web site helps visitors in writing software and obviously you are not writing one.

I have no idea about the software you are talking about. If you think the detector is buggy contact its author instead. If you cannot find its author, better not trust whatever it says.  

Visual C++ MVP

Saturday, June 18, 2016 10:24 PM