none
How to create multiple sites using Site Provisioning engine. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have a requirement of moving multiple SP 2013 sites (Site Templates) to SP 2016. We cannot do that using simple .stp upload option because here the SP version is different.

We have sites with more than 200 subsites under it, so creating manually all the subsites is not a good idea.

I came across "Site Provisioning" which is nothing but to create sites and associated content programmatically.However, I couldn't find any good blog for that on internet. Can anybody please refer some good blog or any other advice for this purpose.

All sites have different names and lists and libraries also have different names.

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, March 16, 2017 10:35 AM

All replies

• According to your comments, the requirement should be upgrading from SP2013 to 2016? If so, you can refer to the link below to upgrade using DBAttach way.

https://technet.microsoft.com/EN-US/library/cc263299%28v=office.16%29.aspx

Thursday, March 16, 2017 11:36 AM
  • Hi

as Jeff said, you can use DB dettach/attach - this is the only way. It ios prefferable to create a new farm for your SP2016 env  this way you will have the option to rollback just in case!

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

Thursday, March 16, 2017 11:58 AM