none
Install-WindowsFeature : The given key was not present in the dictionary. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody,

I have a problem on the cmd of my container by writing this : Install-WindowsFeature "FS-DFS-Replication", "FS-DFS-Namespace" -IncludeManagementTools

I have this error : Install-WindowsFeature : The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Install-WindowsFeature "FS-DFS-Replication", "FS-DFS-Namespace" -Incl ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Install-WindowsFeature], KeyNotFoundException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException,Microsoft.Windows.ServerManager.Commands.AddWindowsFeatureCommand

Does anyone has a solution ?

Thanks !

Tuesday, June 6, 2017 2:47 PM

All replies

• Try: Install-WindowsFeature FS-DFS-Replication,FS-DFS-Namespace -IncludeManagementTools

No space between the features and comma (,).

Tuesday, June 6, 2017 8:14 PM
  • I try and it was better but I have a new error :

Install-WindowsFeature : The request to add or remove features on the specified server failed.
    The operation cannot be completed, because the server that you specified requires a restart.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Install-WindowsFeature FS-DFS-Replication,FS-DFS-Namespace -IncludeMa ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : DeviceError: (@{Vhd=; Credent...Name=localhost}:PSObject) [Install-WindowsFeature], Exception
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DISMAPI_Error__Failed_Reboot_Required,Microsoft.Windows.ServerManager.Commands.AddWindowsFeatureCommand

Wednesday, June 7, 2017 7:35 AM