Storage Explorer - getting to the latest data time consuming RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking at a table in my storage account. Currently it has 100 or so pages.

Unfortunately it is sorted oldest timestamp (partition key) first. I am mostly interested in the newest data so I click "partition key" to change the sort order.

It now changes the sort order of the current page.

I was expecting to change the sort order for all pages and to be looking at newest data first.

I am left with clicking "load more" ten times to get to the last page.

What am I missing here?

Thursday, May 3, 2018 5:38 PM

All replies

• Are you using latest version of Storage Explorer (1.0.0)? If not, you can download latest version from here

You need to select Timestamp tab downwards to get latest data.

Thursday, May 3, 2018 6:18 PM
  • yes, I am on version 1.0.0

There are 100 pages. Clicking Timestamp to change the sort order only changes it for the first page. This is the oldest data I have.

I want to look at the newest data.

Friday, May 4, 2018 2:11 AM
  • This is the limitations of data tables in editors, and we have a related issue open on our GitHub site . you can add your conversation on the above link.  Another method is, Export the table to Excel then sort it that way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this answer was helpful, click “Mark as Answer” or Up-Vote. To provide additional feedback on your forum experience, click here

• Proposed as answer by Sandeep BR Tuesday, May 8, 2018 4:53 PM
    Tuesday, May 8, 2018 4:53 PM