WM5 + Bluetooth + Zebra RW 420 + Fieldsoftware RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone ever tried to connect a WM5-device and a Zebra Printer (RW 420) via Bluetooth.

I'd like to connect them in order to use the fieldsoftware-sdk to print some things... but I have an essential problem in connecting them...

on my mobile I search for bluetooth devices...select the printer...passcode = "" (?).. then it connects I think (at least the bluetooth-icon on the printer is ON) -> then I get a message on the mobile that the printer tries to connect to my mobile (?!?) and if I like to add it to my list of devices - if I click no the connection is immediately OFF - if I click yes I'm told to insert a passcode -> here is my problem I think -> which passcode??????? (I'm not allowed to insert "")

I also tried to connect to the printer via the fieldsoftware tool PrintPocketCE - here I have the same problem - the printer wants to connect to the mobile - passcode?? - "Unable to establish communication link to printer"

Can anyone tell me this passcode or what else I can try/do to solve this problem? Or is it actually not possible to connect to the zebra rw420 from wm5 with bluetooth???

I hope someone can help me, please.

tia
    pezi
    Monday, December 1, 2008 12:45 PM

Answers

• Passcode of Zebra RW-420 instance that I has is "1" (without quotes). AFAIR it is default passcode for that model.
    Tuesday, December 2, 2008 11:04 AM

All replies

• Passcode of Zebra RW-420 instance that I has is "1" (without quotes). AFAIR it is default passcode for that model.
    Tuesday, December 2, 2008 11:04 AM
  • I don't needlessly mean to resurrect an old thread, but I have tried the passcode of AFAIR and 1AFAIR with a Zebra RW420 printer and that doesn't work for me.  Are there any other potential Bluetooth pairing codes available for that printer?

Thanks!

Friday, January 6, 2012 10:54 PM
  • I could be wrong here but I think you misread the previous email from Serg2008. AFAIR means 'As Far As I Remember'.
    By default the RW420 has Authentication turned Off, which means you shouldn't require a pin. You can check in the printer
    settings if this is the case. When I pair up I enter a pin, Windows comes back to warn that the printer didn't pair but it turns out it has and I
    can print no problem. I think this is a quirk of bluetooth.
    Monday, April 23, 2012 1:15 PM