how to create Report In Metro App

Question

• I am building a universal metro app in which I create a page to display all updated data of user and his Images which are stored in my SQLite database now I want to Email this data as it is displaying on the page in pdf or in image format

or there is any alternate option to create report from database data

Santosh

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 1:19 PM

Answers

• What do you want your report to look like? You can display your data however you'd like.

There isn't an in-box PDF creation API, but there are third party API for this. You can create a bitmap of your controls with RenderTargetBitmap.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by santy4all Wednesday, April 30, 2014 1:40 AM
    Tuesday, April 29, 2014 2:41 PM
    Owner

All replies

• What do you want your report to look like? You can display your data however you'd like.

There isn't an in-box PDF creation API, but there are third party API for this. You can create a bitmap of your controls with RenderTargetBitmap.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by santy4all Wednesday, April 30, 2014 1:40 AM
    Tuesday, April 29, 2014 2:41 PM
    Owner
  • can i make RenderTargetBitmap of a Grid  and control within this grid or i have to create

bitmap for each control,actually my requirement is that we have a web site in which we are doing same thing and creating report and email it to end user now with this app we want achieve same thing yhe page wich i have created is in same format  as report generated in Pdf but i was unable to send that. now i will try it with RenderTargetBitmap.

thanks sir

• Edited by santy4all Wednesday, April 30, 2014 7:48 AM
    Wednesday, April 30, 2014 1:49 AM
  • RenderTargetBitmap will render an element and all of its children. You can call it with a Grid and it will include the Grid's contents.

--Rob

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 2:06 PM
    Owner