File upload RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any way to associate an uploaded file with a HV section?

I mean, can the user do this in Health Explorer?

For example, upload a file and then tag it (or something) with a HealthRecord Item.

I'm wondering if this feature exists or if there are plans to implement it?

Thanks,
    Gary
    Friday, August 28, 2009 3:20 AM

Answers

• Applications can add related item relationships between items (Files and other HealthRecordItems), but that currently isn't exposed to the user in the HealthVault shell UI directly.  Exposing the related items is definitely something on our radar, however.  Much like Eric, I am interested in the context for the question-- is it just out of curiosity, or is there a particular scenario or goal you have in mind?

Anyhow, this is possible for HV apps to do today, just not through the HV UI directly.
    Friday, August 28, 2009 7:16 PM

All replies

• Hello Gary,

Whenever a file is to be uploaded to HealthVault we use the File type and the data is stored in the Otherdata section. Please follow this link . While reading the file data you can read the contents back from the Otherdata section itself.

-Mahesh
    Friday, August 28, 2009 4:09 AM
  • Gary, can you explain the scenario in a bit more detail? What information is in the file, and what is the other information that you want to associate it with?
    Friday, August 28, 2009 4:21 PM
  • Applications can add related item relationships between items (Files and other HealthRecordItems), but that currently isn't exposed to the user in the HealthVault shell UI directly.  Exposing the related items is definitely something on our radar, however.  Much like Eric, I am interested in the context for the question-- is it just out of curiosity, or is there a particular scenario or goal you have in mind?

Anyhow, this is possible for HV apps to do today, just not through the HV UI directly.
    Friday, August 28, 2009 7:16 PM