general error c10100b1: Failed to load file RRS feed

• Question

• On upgrading a VC++ 6 project to VC++ 8 express iam getting a error as below.PLease help me to solved this

Build Log

Build started: Project: All_coder, Configuration: Debug|Win32

Command Lines

Creating temporary file "c:\Documents and Settings\manojr\Desktop\AMR codec\26273_ansi_c_source_code_v6_5_0\MSVC\all_coder\Debug\RSP00001753445004.rsp" with contents
    [
    /outputresource:".\Debug\All_coder.exe;#1" /manifest

".\Debug\All_coder.exe.intermediate.manifest"
    ]
    Creating command line "mt.exe @"c:\Documents and Settings\manojr\Desktop\AMR codec\26273_ansi_c_source_code_v6_5_0\MSVC\all_coder\Debug\RSP00001753445004.rsp" /nologo"
    Output Window

Embedding manifest...
    mt.exe : general error c10100b1: Failed to load file ".\Debug\All_coder.exe". The system cannot find the file specified.
    Results

Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\manojr\Desktop\AMR codec\26273_ansi_c_source_code_v6_5_0\MSVC\all_coder\Debug\BuildLog.htm"-
    All_coder - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 9:08 AM

Answers

•  

Hi manojkdi,

First, please clean and rebuild your project.

Then, would you please tell us what the type your project was, MFC or native C++.

You can try to change

Right click your project->Properties->Configuration Properties->C/C++->Code Generation->Runtime Library as /MDd

I hope my suggestion can help you to solve this problem.

Best regards,

Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, February 17, 2011 3:35 AM

All replies

•  

Hi manojkdi,

First, please clean and rebuild your project.

Then, would you please tell us what the type your project was, MFC or native C++.

You can try to change

Right click your project->Properties->Configuration Properties->C/C++->Code Generation->Runtime Library as /MDd

I hope my suggestion can help you to solve this problem.

Best regards,

Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, February 17, 2011 3:35 AM
  • I came across the same error when trying to compile a typelib configuration of a project. turns out that Generating manifest for Typelib config was causing this problem. only idl files are included in the typelib config to compile. people do it differently though. in my case had only idl files included and ProjectProperties-->Linker-->ManifestFile-->Generate Manifest to No. it did work in my case. hope this helps. if it did mark it as an answer.

Happy Coding.

Naive .Net user

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 3:32 PM