none
Finding Reference Duplication RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

How to find Duplication in References  using word vba. I am newbie of word vba. I am struggling to develop this tool. So please someone help me.

Regards,

Ruban

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 10:23 AM

Answers

• Hi Ruban,

Thank you for posting and we are glad to help with you.

Could you show the doc example or some code snippet for us to do further research?

I think you can store these references in an Array and for each these references and compare with each other to see whether there are duplicated.

I hope it can help you and feel free to follow up.

Best Regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Proposed as answer by Bruce Song Tuesday, January 18, 2011 7:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Bruce Song Tuesday, February 15, 2011 9:39 AM
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 7:20 AM

All replies

• Can you be a bit more specific about what you mean by "Duplication in References" - maybe some examples/

Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,
    dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Posted via the Community Bridge

"Ruban87" wrote in message news:1a2b8f96-dfe0-4a12-8244-b465a6ea748a@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Hi,

How to find Duplication in References  using word vba. I am newbie of word vba. I am struggling to develop this tool. So please someone help me.

Regards,

Ruban

Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 11:51 AM
  • Thanks Robbin,

Actually i'm working in one E-publishing company.Here we create XML files for online usage.In reference part,duplication of bibliography citation(i.e Book references) may be occur. I want to find the duplication using any common tool and report to end user. Let me know any common tool.

Regards,

Ruban.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 1:29 PM
  • Hi Ruban,

Thank you for posting and we are glad to help with you.

Could you show the doc example or some code snippet for us to do further research?

I think you can store these references in an Array and for each these references and compare with each other to see whether there are duplicated.

I hope it can help you and feel free to follow up.

Best Regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Proposed as answer by Bruce Song Tuesday, January 18, 2011 7:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Bruce Song Tuesday, February 15, 2011 9:39 AM
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 7:20 AM