Project references not being updated when deploying RRS feed

• Question

• User-1001774535 posted

Hi

I have a multi-project solution. From my live website project I used to reference each projects dll directly by copying and pasting them into the live website projects bin directory -  before I realised I could add a reference to a project (right-click add reference > project tab). I have now added references the correct (latter) way.

However when I deploy my live website project to the live server, it still wants to find the dll's directly in the bin folder.

Why is this? When I make a change now to one of the projexts, my live server project (when deployed) still uses the old dll in the bin folder.

It works locally.

Thanks

Sunday, February 24, 2013 6:43 PM

Answers

• User-1001774535 posted

This is how I resolved it - I still used project reference localy but when deploying amde sure I added the dll of each referenced project into the deployed webwsite bin folder

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, February 25, 2013 3:35 AM

All replies

• User1992938117 posted

Its mandatory that you should have a proper reference path in main project when adding the reference,
    It would be better add reference from main web project's bin folder and when ever you modify the project build that and put their dll in Web project's Bin folder.

It will surely work.

Monday, February 25, 2013 12:24 AM
  • User-1001774535 posted

This is how I resolved it - I still used project reference localy but when deploying amde sure I added the dll of each referenced project into the deployed webwsite bin folder

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, February 25, 2013 3:35 AM