none
Query SharePoint list repeating data by ID through secondary data connection in InfoPath 2013

Question

• Hi,

I am have two lists the form designed by InfoPath 2013. I a have a secondary data connection that query repeating data from the second list through secondary list data connection. This connection query all data and I have set up a condition to hide data if ID doesn't match. As it is puling all data first and then hide according to condition, the form load is getting slowest/unusable. 

Please advise if there is any way to query data based on ID so that the secondary data connection query data based on the Matching ID. I don't get any filter option on the repeating table properties.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 12:05 PM

All replies

• Hi pointtoshare- I don't think there's a way around it. Due to the volume and filtering, it's just going to be slow.

cameron rautmann

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 1:24 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply. 

Its not only slow, its supper slow. Its taking more than 5 minutes to load the form and sometimes rejecting the user.

Could you please suggest any alternative? I am badly in need of this solution as the system is live now.

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 1:35 PM
  • Hi pointtoshare,

There is filter option in the repeating table properties.

Go to repeating table properties->display tab->filter data.

After configuring the filter in repeating table, it will only display the data which meet the filter in repeating table.

For more detailed information, refer to the article below.

Filter the data that is displayed in a control.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Filter-the-data-that-is-displayed-in-a-control-d0566422-7770-4928-b9a6-7dcb1e463b3e

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, February 24, 2017 7:34 AM