none
Upgrading MS Report Viewer 2008 to 2010 Issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I'm running Visual Studio 2008.  I'm trying to upgrade a web reporting site to the latest version of Report Viewer so we can export the report to 2007 Excel format.   When I added the new reference, updated all reference of Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=9.0.0.0 to Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=10.0.0.0

I'm getting a Parse error: The base class includes the field 'quoteReportViewer', but its type (Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportViewer) is not compatible with the type of control (Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportViewer).

I've researched this error and the solution are all the same...I've done the following:

• Cleaned
    • Built
    • Published
    • Deleted the hidden .suo file
    • Uploaded the Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms.dll to the bin folder...Also Removed it

Nothing seems to work...Always providing the same error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The base class includes the field 'quoteReportViewer', but its type (Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportViewer) is not compatible with the type of control (Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportViewer).

Source Error:

Line 44:   </table>
    Line 45:   
    Line 46:   <rsweb:ReportViewer ID="quoteReportViewer" runat="server" Font-Names="Verdana" 
    Line 47:     Font-Size="8pt" Height="474px" Width="600px">
    Line 48:     <LocalReport ReportPath="QuoteReportFile.rdlc">

Source File: /QuoteReport.aspx    Line: 46

I'm stumped.   

Thursday, March 3, 2011 8:16 PM

All replies

• Hi,

One of the main reasons for Parser Error is the difference of NET FRAMEWORK version which both IIS and ASP.NET uses. Possibliy these are using different framework versions.

This could be happen also in case your hosting server uses forward/backward framework versions, or just started to do this.

may be this would be of help.

regards

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 1:21 PM