.toolbox Tutirials Blend 3 Is Blend 4 OK? RRS feed

• Question

•  I am working my way through the .toolbox school for Blend.  All of the tutorials are done in Blend 3.  I have Blend 3 and Blend 4 on my machine.  Is it ok to use Blend 4?

I could not get a project to open in the first module and was wondering if that could be a factor.

.toolbox is a great learning resouce so far real hands on.  A lot of assesst are provided early on but it looks like as things progress the student is required to bring more to the table. LOL

Appreciate any advice offered

MIKE E

"It's like déjà vu all over again." — Yogi Berra
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 6:54 PM

Answers

• Hi ebermed.

I'm a big fan of .toolbox (modeled my avatar after it) and have used it with both 3 & 4.

I say go for it - nothing jumps out at me for differences at the moment (not to say there aren't any).

• Marked as answer by ebermed Thursday, May 19, 2011 11:46 PM
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 12:12 PM

All replies

• Is there something particularly difficult or ify about my question or is it so stupid that to acknowledge that you read it would be an insult to your professional Reputation?

41 views and not even a I don't know.  Not even chastisment.  I thought we were a community that was sharing info to help each other grow.  Guess I am forever the optimist.  I searched for similar threads so it is not like it is a hot topic.  and EW components upgrade so infrequently that when they do there could be some major changes in them.

All the best folks,

MIKE E

• Edited by ebermed Thursday, May 19, 2011 2:43 AM incorrect number of views
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 2:40 AM
  • Hi ebermed.

I'm a big fan of .toolbox (modeled my avatar after it) and have used it with both 3 & 4.

I say go for it - nothing jumps out at me for differences at the moment (not to say there aren't any).

• Marked as answer by ebermed Thursday, May 19, 2011 11:46 PM
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 12:12 PM
  • Hey CZ,

Thanks for you thoughts on the matter.  I too am pretty impress d with the .toolbox program and as a matter of fact found out about it from a response I got in the E Super Preview forum by a poster named KathW2 for the most part it is a pretty good community we are involved in.

Have you looked at the FREE open source 3D animation program called Blender 3?  It to me is very impressive and has a great support community. It also exports in the .obj format Very versatile tool

Nice to meet you See you around,

MIKE E

Thursday, May 19, 2011 11:59 PM
  • Hi MIKE E - I'm familiar with Blender 3 but thank you for pointing it out. I'm not familiar with E Super Preview though so I'll definately check that out.

Nice meeting you too!

Friday, May 20, 2011 12:17 AM
  • Differences are there! The xaml code has changed between the versions 3 and 4. Xaml code generation and has become more compact.

I have experianced issues when running complex animations created in blend 3 and opened and run in blend 4. No compile errors but some animations don't complete when initiated by an event other that page load.

http://social.expression.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/blend/thread/80f08837-1c19-4312-8284-157c1396cf1d

Here are some of the changes V3 - V4

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/unnir/archive/2010/03/16/expression-blend-4-xaml-generation-tweaks.aspx

Kenneth Bodge
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 6:17 PM