none
Implement ActiveSync Client question: Email command - SmartReply RRS feed

• Question

•  SmartReply will cut off the last line of the replied mail’s content, is it a bug?
    Wednesday, December 10, 2008 6:38 AM

Answers

• Tony,

Feedback from development today is they could not reproduce this. They tried Exchange 2007 and 2003 with a couple of mobile devices using SmartReply. They tried various sizes of messages from small to very large and could not reproduce what you are seeing. It's not to say that there is not an issue but from their testing they cannot reproduce it.

It is probably best that you work with Product Support professional to help debug and resolve your issue.  

Top level page for Microsoft Exchange Help and Support page is here.  And to directly contact a support professional click via email, online, or by phone click here

Developer Consultant
    Saturday, February 7, 2009 1:34 AM

All replies

• Hello Tony,

Thank you for your questions.  Someone from our group will respond to you soon.

Regards,
    Mark Miller, US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 5:49 PM
  •  Hello Tony,

This forum is for helping customers interoperating with Windows via our open protocol documentation. Your issue does not appear to be related to our protocol documentation.  You may want to try posting your question at the 
    Exchange Development forum, http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=838&SiteID=17

Regards,
    Mark Miller, US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 9:20 PM
  • Tony,

This could be a bug.  What version of Exchange / ActiveSync are you seeing this? 

Developer Consultant
    Thursday, December 11, 2008 5:59 PM
  • test on Exchange 2003 SP2 server / ActiveSync 2.5 protocol
    Wednesday, December 17, 2008 6:07 AM
  • Hi, Tom

we test on Exchange server 2003 SP2 / ActiveSync 2.5 protocol version

Thanks
    Wednesday, December 17, 2008 6:10 AM
  •  Thank you for the info.  I'll add it to the notes in the bug. 
    Developer Consultant
    Wednesday, December 17, 2008 6:46 AM
  • Tony,

I'm still waiting on feedback from development.  I will let you know as soon as I get an answer.

Developer Consultant
    Thursday, January 15, 2009 11:27 PM
  • Development is looking at this and I'm waiting for feedback.  They said that they will have something for me next week.

Developer Consultant
    Tuesday, January 27, 2009 7:13 PM
  • Feedback from the development today is they are still investigating this.

Developer Consultant
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 5:57 PM
  • Tony,

Feedback from development today is they could not reproduce this. They tried Exchange 2007 and 2003 with a couple of mobile devices using SmartReply. They tried various sizes of messages from small to very large and could not reproduce what you are seeing. It's not to say that there is not an issue but from their testing they cannot reproduce it.

It is probably best that you work with Product Support professional to help debug and resolve your issue.  

Top level page for Microsoft Exchange Help and Support page is here.  And to directly contact a support professional click via email, online, or by phone click here

Developer Consultant
    Saturday, February 7, 2009 1:34 AM
  • Hello 

when user send reply to a mail using smart reply command. the message body is coming two times in the mail... is it a bug or feature ?

please clarify this ...

Monday, March 12, 2012 11:53 AM
  • Hi Hari

This forum is for helping customers interoperating with Windows via our open protocol documentation. Your issue does not appear to be related to our protocol documentation.  You may want to try posting your question at the Exchange Development forum,

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/category/exchangeserver/

Thanks

Tarun Chopra | Escalation Engineer | Open Specifications Support Team

Monday, March 12, 2012 5:35 PM