none
WEC7 Wave 1 - WEDU download fails to find shared source component, doesn't offer "download" option. Cancel is the only option. RRS feed

• Question

• WEDU offered to update my WEC7 installation to Wave 1  - however, the update fails as it can't fined SharedSource_W1.msi (it puts some horrendous GUID on the path...) - it doesn't offer to download it either, unfortunately - the download button never clickable.

Firstly, is Wave 1 anything other than a "Super Update".

Secondly, when will this update it work?

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 4:01 PM

Answers

• Shared Source in Wave 1 (SharedSource_w1.msi) is not available for downloading since it contains the original msi and all previous patches. If you have added the Shared Source component previously, then you need to get the ISO disk either from MyOEM or MSDN subscription. Once you insert the disk that contains W1 folder, the Allow downloading for all files checkbox needs to be unchecked before browsing for the required package in the source resolution window.

Link for the Wave 1 ISO image on MSDN:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/downloads/#FileId=53027

• Edited by dev one two Thursday, May 30, 2013 1:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by -uts Wednesday, January 28, 2015 6:40 PM
    Thursday, May 30, 2013 12:51 AM

All replies

• Hi -uts,

I have the same issue with the shared source when trying to install this update named 'wave 1'.

It seems that it is an update rollup as you can see here.

I hope MS will solve this blocking issue as soon as possible.

Regards,

Olivier

Wednesday, May 1, 2013 8:20 AM
  • It seems to have been withdrawn (for now)? I managed to update to Update 20 (Feb 2013) and now WEDU isn't offering Wave 1 any more.

Thank goodness for virtual machines!

Wednesday, May 1, 2013 10:00 PM
  • I'm facing the same problem... Shared sources are not available for download.

Greyed "download" button.

Am I the only one seeing -700MB when reviewing the stuff being installed?

I guess they are removing all previous updates. Am I right?

Thanks

Friday, May 3, 2013 12:42 PM
  • Shared Source in Wave 1 (SharedSource_w1.msi) is not available for downloading since it contains the original msi and all previous patches. If you have added the Shared Source component previously, then you need to get the ISO disk either from MyOEM or MSDN subscription. Once you insert the disk that contains W1 folder, the Allow downloading for all files checkbox needs to be unchecked before browsing for the required package in the source resolution window.

Link for the Wave 1 ISO image on MSDN:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/downloads/#FileId=53027

• Edited by dev one two Thursday, May 30, 2013 1:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by -uts Wednesday, January 28, 2015 6:40 PM
    Thursday, May 30, 2013 12:51 AM
  • Well after buying several WEC7 licenses - do I need to get an MSDN subscription just to get this download? Is there no other way to get it?

Monday, June 3, 2013 5:43 PM
  • As dev one two mentioned, you can get the DVD from MyOEM, but keep in mind that it is corrupted. Check my thread about it: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winembplatdev/thread/ad336725-442c-496d-a5f9-ad71b4910ee1

To get an access to MyOEM you need to have an signed SLA agreement with MS, so contact your distributor and ask about it.

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 5:33 AM
  • Thanks for your response! Well I think I'll contact the distributor where I bought the licenses, and ask them to send the DVD.

Cheers

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 6:01 AM