none
RDLC Align Right incorrect formatting RRS feed

• Question

• In an RDLC I have a cell that is aligned right that sometimes if given text that will wrap to 3 lines.

Sometimes when the line breaks just right the container for the cell chops off the left most letter on the longest line of the cell.

It would seem that problem stems from the fact that whitespace is maintained on the right border on line breaks inserted by the report.  So instead of getting a normal Right Align text where all text is aligned you get a jagged line of text that has spaces maintained on someline on the right side.  I would assume the render should be doing the line space in place of the space or at least pushing the whitespace to the next line.

I have submitted this along with another issue I am having with repeat of columns at Unfortunately the nature of my report doesn't allow me to share the files but I have submitted them to Microsoft.

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/575768/repeatcolumnheaders-not-consistent-on-2010-report

Thursday, July 22, 2010 9:16 PM

Answers

• Hi Andy,
    Probably this issue happened under very specific situations. If you could provide us a report with some sample data (exporting partial data into a .csv file is fine) so that we can reproduce this issue, the will be helpful for us to provide further assistance on this issue. You can contact us via email at sqltnsp_at_microsoft_dot_com. To make sure I can receive your email, please use the mail title like this "<To Charles> the name or url of this thread".

Also I recommend that you try creating a placeholder for your text field in which you can use HTML format with simple CSS style to right align your text. For example:
    <p align="right">your text here.</p>
    or
    <p style="text-align:right">your text here.</p>

In some cases, this can be a workaround to resolve text related format issue. You may try to see if it is also helpful in your scenario. You can refer to this article for more information, http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd207048(SQL.100).aspx

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Monday, July 26, 2010 3:10 AM

All replies

• Hi Andy,
    Probably this issue happened under very specific situations. If you could provide us a report with some sample data (exporting partial data into a .csv file is fine) so that we can reproduce this issue, the will be helpful for us to provide further assistance on this issue. You can contact us via email at sqltnsp_at_microsoft_dot_com. To make sure I can receive your email, please use the mail title like this "<To Charles> the name or url of this thread".

Also I recommend that you try creating a placeholder for your text field in which you can use HTML format with simple CSS style to right align your text. For example:
    <p align="right">your text here.</p>
    or
    <p style="text-align:right">your text here.</p>

In some cases, this can be a workaround to resolve text related format issue. You may try to see if it is also helpful in your scenario. You can refer to this article for more information, http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd207048(SQL.100).aspx

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Monday, July 26, 2010 3:10 AM
  • Charles,

Thanks for the feedback.  It seems odd that an HTML palceholder would render better then the original Textbox alignment.  Is this a bug?  Is there a fix/patch?

Do you have access to the files that I uploaded at https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/575768/repeatcolumnheaders-not-consistent-on-2010-report?

-Andy

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 4:04 PM
  • Andy,

Unfortunately I do not have access to the files since they are submitted to product team directly, while I am from support services. :)

I noticed that the feedback you submitted seemed not same as this one you mentioned. If so, it is recommended that you submit a new feedback for this issue. The product team will confirm whether it is a product issue and may let you know when they would like to fix it.

At my side, what I can help is to check if it is probably a product issue and try to figure out a workaround or solution for you. Does the HTML placeholder help workaround this issue?

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Hope you have a wonderful day!

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 2:52 AM