Separate background colors for tile and message buttons

Question

• Hi. I understand how to specify the background color for the app tile and message buttons.  Unfortunately, I'm having a problem using separate color values for these elements.  I want to be able to specify a background color for the tiles so that badges display properly, but I also want to be able to specify a different background color for the buttons in a message dialog.  Is there any way to get these to show up in different colors?  It seems odd that these are both tied to the same constant in the manifest when I'm able to specify a completely separate background color for the splash screen.  To me, the splash screen is more closely related to the app tile than the message buttons are.  Why can't we just have styleable buttons in the message dialog?

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.  If no solution exists, can someone help me explain it to the UX designers?

Thank you for your responses.

Mike Kabala

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 7:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Mike,

There is no way to separate that. The idea is to keep a consistent branding within the app, but I don't know why the splash screen color is different from the tile color or why the dialog buttons follow the tile rather than the splashscreen colour.

--Rob

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 4:54 AM
    Owner