Cannot set executable RRS feed

• Question

• User-672310468 posted

I recently just had Windows 7 re-installed on my computer, along with VS 2010. I have some project files left over from my company's previous web dev including some sites the company is still using. Yesterday I needed to add some new user login's to the ASP configuration, but that option isn't available to me. This is an MVC project as well, which I don't know a lot about since I am used to working with Web Forms.

When I try to run or debug the solution, I get the following error: "A project with an Output Type of Class Library cannot be started Directly. In order to degub this project, add an executable project to this solution which references the library project. Set the executable project as the startup project."

Now I did some research online and found plenty of forum posts that stated "right click on the solution name in solution explorer and select 'set as startup project'", but when I go to do that, there is NO option that says set as startup project. Then I read to go into the project properties and click on the web tab, and select a specific page for start up, yet when I go into the properties, there is NO web tab for me to click.

Lastly, I tried going to "save as..." and the only option is to save it as a .csproj file, not .sln. Even though when I open the project, I double click on the .sln.

I'm not the most familiar with VS's in's and out's so if anyone can help me I'd be extreamly grateful. I spent all day on this yesterday and got no where and I'm getting very frustrated.

Friday, May 10, 2013 9:31 AM

Answers

• User-672310468 posted

I figured out what the issue was. The application was built on MVC3 and I had 2 and 4 installed. Once I was able to get MVC3 installed, I was then able to open the actually solution and run debug.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, May 10, 2013 12:45 PM

All replies

• User-672310468 posted

I know I must be missing something, but I can't figure out what.

Friday, May 10, 2013 11:26 AM
  • User-672310468 posted

I figured out what the issue was. The application was built on MVC3 and I had 2 and 4 installed. Once I was able to get MVC3 installed, I was then able to open the actually solution and run debug.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, May 10, 2013 12:45 PM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi BGates_BFF

Thanks for your kind feedback, and I come here to confirm and close this issue. If you have anything urgent in your programming, please feedback by creating another thread,

With regards

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 9:20 PM