none
Customer Care Framework - Session management RRS feed

• Question

•  

How to save hosted applicatioin state  for each session individiually using Customer care framework?

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 6:49 AM

Answers

•  

The setting should be there in the admin console . Open the 'Hosted Applications' and you can configure an application as global or per session.

Mani

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 7:18 AM

All replies

• Are you asking how to save the Session? or how to force an applcation to save?

Saving and Restoring sessions is done via the Session.Save and Session.Restore methods.

You can overide thease to create your own session behavior if you choose to do so.

to see this done, look in the AgentDesktopSessions.cs and the AgentDesktopSession.cs files in the Referance code.

- MattB-MSFT

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 9:02 PM
  • No, I am not asking how to save the session.

Suppose, I have created 2 sessions : Session1 and Session2.

There are 2 hosted applications for both sessions : App1 and App1

For above scenario:

SessionExplorerPanel look like as below

Session1

App1

App2

Session2

App1

App2

Suppose, CCR(Customer care representative) is working on 2 sessions simultaneously.

Suppose, App1 is having one textbox

CCR is putting "ABC" text in textbox in App1 for Session1

and "XYZ" text in textbox in App1 for session 2

Now, In session explore, when I click on App1 node which is under Session1, App1 should get displyaed in MainPanel with text "ABC" in textbox and when I click on App1 node which is under Session2, App1 should get displayed in MainPanel with text "XYZ" in textbox.

In brief, each hosted application should have its own state for each sessions.

How can I achieve this by coding?

Thanks,

Chetan

Friday, April 18, 2008 12:18 PM
  • If you are taking the values from the context, try automating the page/field every time it shows up with the value you need.

You should be getting a action fired when you show the application and try to make use of it if needed.

Thanks,

Mani-MSFT

Sunday, April 20, 2008 7:17 PM
  •  

I am not getting. Can you please ellobarate it with some example?

Is this already implemented in CCF 2005 source code? If yes, can you give me file name and method name?

Thanks,

Monday, April 21, 2008 9:15 AM
  • What you are describing is the way that the reference desktop works in the sample code. 

Using your example.

Assuming that App 1 and App 2 are configured as non global applications, then each session will instance a copy of App 1 and App2. 

Therefore, Data entered into Session1:app1 will be stored within that session automatically.. this is a function of AIF you don’t need to code it.   Following that pattern, Session2:app1 data will be again be attached to the instance of the app associated with Session2.

If you’re interested in how to switch between session programmatically then you’re probably better off looking at CurrentSession View control’s Session Change ( in the source code provide with the desktop). That way you can follow the commands though from the Session, and it’s a much simpler path to follow then all the visual stuff the Session Manager Control does.   Both are using the CCF SessionManager object to switch between sessions, they are just doing it different ways.

As to what Manny was talking about..

The basic structure of AIF sort of looks like this:

AIF  Session Manager
    ---Global Session   (there can be only 1 and it is the first session that is started by AIF.)
         Context
         Global Hosted Applications

--- Instanced Sessions  ( there can be as many of these as necessary up to the Session Threshold )
          Context per Session.
          Instanced Applications per Session

Therefore, each instanced session has its own copy of the Context that is specific to that Session.

You mentioned CCF 2005, Which version of CCF are you working with? 

There are some changes to what iv' said based on Version.

MattB - MSFT
    Wednesday, April 23, 2008 5:17 AM
  •  

I am using CCF 2.6.

Can you tell me how to make applicatin instanced?

Thanks,

Chetan

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 7:08 AM
  •  

The setting should be there in the admin console . Open the 'Hosted Applications' and you can configure an application as global or per session.

Mani

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 7:18 AM