How to: Add "Reply To" to a Task RRS feed

• Question

• I'm looking for something similar to a "Reply" button that is within a discussion board.
    When a task is assigned to an individual or group, there is no button/option to "Reply".

Something instead of "edit item" and replying...
    Friday, October 23, 2009 11:18 AM

Answers

• Thanks for your input Hari,
    As a workaround, I've created a workflow to start a task from within a discussion.

People assigned will have one task, and also have the ability to reply to and/or update the task from within the discussion.

My goal was to just use a task for this method, but it doesn't seem possible at this point.
    Monday, October 26, 2009 11:41 AM

All replies

• I'm not a great coder, but I would think there should be a way to just add a button linking to a similar frame within the discussion that will allow someone assigned to a task to collaborate, or reply with tasks completed.

Anyone have a thought?
    Monday, October 26, 2009 10:42 AM
  • Hi,

I dont have exact answer for your question.

But you can go for workflow to trigger mails when a task is complete or when a task/item is udpated.
    Monday, October 26, 2009 10:52 AM
  • Thanks for your input Hari,
    As a workaround, I've created a workflow to start a task from within a discussion.

People assigned will have one task, and also have the ability to reply to and/or update the task from within the discussion.

My goal was to just use a task for this method, but it doesn't seem possible at this point.
    Monday, October 26, 2009 11:41 AM