none
OneNote problem (Don't know where to enter this question) RRS feed

• Question

• I have OneNote as part of Office 2016. I've installed it on my iPad. Currently my iPad version has a "Pleas wait" box spinning and the Cancel does nothing. It's now about an hour from when this happened. I was trying to add a line of text.

How can restart the iPad version?

Should I have posed the question in a different forum?

Edward E. L. Mitchell Phone: (239)415-7039 12214 Lakewood Court Fort Myers, FL 33908

Saturday, December 3, 2016 8:25 PM

Answers

• Exit the app by clicking your home-button (the physical button on the device).

When you're back at your home screen, double-click the home-button quickly. You'll see all your open apps in "Cover-flow"-mode. Swipe left/right until you see the OneNote app. On that app, swipe upwards on the screen and the app disappears (is forcefully closed).

Try starting the app again.

• Proposed as answer by SummerAfSol Saturday, December 3, 2016 9:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ed Mitchell Sunday, December 4, 2016 1:28 AM
    Saturday, December 3, 2016 9:07 PM

All replies

• Exit the app by clicking your home-button (the physical button on the device).

When you're back at your home screen, double-click the home-button quickly. You'll see all your open apps in "Cover-flow"-mode. Swipe left/right until you see the OneNote app. On that app, swipe upwards on the screen and the app disappears (is forcefully closed).

Try starting the app again.

• Proposed as answer by SummerAfSol Saturday, December 3, 2016 9:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ed Mitchell Sunday, December 4, 2016 1:28 AM
    Saturday, December 3, 2016 9:07 PM
  • I was surprised at how many open apps I had. I up-swiped the OneNote appp and then restarted it. Took some time thru the "Please wait" but finally I was able to enter the text. Thanks for the feedback.

Edward E. L. Mitchell Phone: (239)415-7039 12214 Lakewood Court Fort Myers, FL 33908

Sunday, December 4, 2016 1:33 AM