SSPI Context error RRS feed

• Question

• Here is my environment setup: An Azure domain, with VPN access; and a local VM joined to that domain and connected via the VPN. In that domain/network is a Domain Controller, two web servers, and a SQL server.

I fire up my local VM (which has been joined to the domain), log in as a domain user that is in the Domain Admin role, then connect the VM to the network via the VPN. No problems there.

When I launch SSMS and connect to the SQL server, I get an error "The target principal name is incorrect. Cannot generate SSPI Context."

BUT, I can right-click on the SSMS icon and select "Run as different user", put in my domain username and password (the SAME username and password that I used to log into the VM in the first place) and with that CAN connect to the server in Azure.

The fact that the 'Run As' works, but without it doesn't has me quite baffled. Same username, hitting the same resource...

Thanks in advance.

Todd C - MSCTS SQL Server 2005, MCITP BI Dev 2008 Please mark posts as answered where appropriate.

Monday, October 20, 2014 3:03 PM

Answers

• Check this link ... I had similar issues and I have fixed as per the below link...

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/811889?wa=wsignin1.0

Raju Rasagounder Sr MSSQL DBA

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 12:14 AM