none
Can I publish to a non-ClickOnce installation?

Question

• I have developed a windows application, and I want to publish it so it always installs in the same directory: C:\FooBar. The ClickOnce installation buries the executable deep in the Users/AppData directory tree.  Is there a way to configure Visual Studio (I'm using VS 2013) to configure the publish/install to allow a specific directory to be specified?
    Monday, November 09, 2015 2:03 PM

Answers

• Hi JellicleMime,

Do you mean you want to assign the published executable to a specific directory?

Please right-click the project that you want to publish and choose the Properties option. Select the "Publish" tab in the Properties window. Then you can assign the Publish Folder Location and Installation Folder URL. After assign the location, please use publish wizard to publish your application.

As far as I know, we also can specify the location to publish this application in Publish Wizard as below image. It will publish your application to the assigned location.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 5:58 AM
  • Hi,

you always can handle the setup yourself. Write for instance a script or a small app that does the setup (ie. copy the [binary] files to the target directory and optionally create some shortcuts to launch the app).

Regards,

Thorsten

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 8:24 AM

All replies

• Hi JellicleMime,

Do you mean you want to assign the published executable to a specific directory?

Please right-click the project that you want to publish and choose the Properties option. Select the "Publish" tab in the Properties window. Then you can assign the Publish Folder Location and Installation Folder URL. After assign the location, please use publish wizard to publish your application.

As far as I know, we also can specify the location to publish this application in Publish Wizard as below image. It will publish your application to the assigned location.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 5:58 AM
  • Hi,

you always can handle the setup yourself. Write for instance a script or a small app that does the setup (ie. copy the [binary] files to the target directory and optionally create some shortcuts to launch the app).

Regards,

Thorsten

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 8:24 AM