none
[E2010] [EWSMA] [C#]: How to subscribe to push notifications in EWS managed API 1.1? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am searching for a way to subscribe to push notifications with the EWS managed API 1.1, but I just have not found any samples how to do this. Wich signature must my web service have to get the notifications? Do I need a web service or a WCF service? In the 1.1 API do I steel need to parse the Exchange responces "by hand" or is there a simplified way to get the events like I get them with a pull subscription?

Many thanks in advance :)

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 9:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

quite a while ago I wrote a component which encapsulates the hard part of push notifications: http://exchangenotification.codeplex.com/

You can either use that component directly or just have a look on how it does it's thing.

Kind regards,
    Henning Krause

"Stas Gisin" wrote in message news:19e46d61-b147-475f-909f-fadde7a1646f@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Hi,

I am searching for a way to subscribe to push notifications with the EWS managed API 1.1, but I just have not found any samples how to do this. Wich signature must my web service have to get the notifications? Do I need a web service or a WCF service? In the 1.1 API do I steel need to parse the Exchange responces "by hand" or is there a simplified way to get the events like I get them with a pull subscription?

Many thanks in advance :)

Thursday, September 1, 2011 3:50 PM
  • I would also be interested in answering this. The Hennings sample shows that both web service and WCF service can be used, but it does not answer the other questions:

• Is the signature of the service receiving push notifications documented somewhere?
    • Does the Managed API assembly makes this easier, e.g. does it contain any definitions or the push notification classes? (after while with a Reflector I am afraid it does not)

Thanks,
    Jan

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 8:06 AM