Report Viewer capacity RRS feed

• Question

• User1037983650 posted

Hello folks, 

I'm working with SSRS. I have used report viewer in asp.net MVC application. I am concerned how many records/ data size can be viewed in report viewer. What are the limitations of report viewer?

I have some stored procedures which return millions of records. Report viewer goes blank while stored procedure is still in the execution mode when checked. Time out is set to "Never time out" for reports . How to deal with this case?

Please let me know if there is a tool which can be used to measure the performance of stored procedure? I'd like to let you know that data will get increased day by day. What's the best way to make report viewer user responsive? Is it good approach to load millions of records in report viewer? If there is any alternate please let me know.

Thanks!!

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 10:17 AM

All replies

• User-2057865890 posted

Hi sukhdeep_kambo,

More report data requires more resource use, more network traffic, more processing time, and more storage. If the report is not paginated, all of the data is included in a single page, which cannot be accommodated by most browsers. To get the highest performance when handling large workloads that include user requests for large reports, implement the following recommendations.

• Control the Size of Your Reports
    • Use Cache Execution

For details, see Process Large Reports.

Best Regards,

Chris

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 2:31 AM