Windows Embedded CE and web service RRS feed

• Question

• Good day,

I have developed an application for Windows CE using Visual Basic.NET 2005. It's basic functionality is accessing a Web Service which resides on a server PC. The web service in turn accesses an Access Database with SELECT, INSERT and DELETE statements firing on the DB.

The error I get is Server was unable to process your request --> "Unspecified Error" . I have searched the Internet endlessly with no results. Most forums specify that it has to do with user rights (the IUSR) on certain folders. Apparently, ASP.NET creates temp files in the ASPNET folder under Documents and Settings\MachineName and you need user rights to this folder. I have set user rights for IWAM AND IUSR on this folder (with full access) as well as the web folder the service resides in. The DB has full rights for these users as well.

I close every connection to the db. I check if they are open and close them first before opening them again.

This error pops up randomly and with different webservice calls. It is never the same spot at the same time. It will work through the whole web service process 7 times and then it fails. The next time it will process 3 times and fails so it is completely random.

After a fail, the webservice, trying it on the local machine where web service resides, also fails with OLEDBException --> unspecified error

Please help!

• Edited by kokkenodge Tuesday, June 1, 2010 8:53 AM Added oledbexception
    Tuesday, June 1, 2010 8:31 AM